Save Our Apprenticeships: Make the Construction Industry Exemption Permanent
The Department of Labor's Industry Recognized Apprenticeship Program (IRAP) proposed regulation. This proposal establishes a system in which a non-union contractor could recognize it own "apprenticeship program" that would not be subject to many of the same requirements that our DOL recognized apprenticeships are.
Please log on and complete by August 26, 2019.
1) log on to: www.saveIBEWapprenticeships.org
2) Select the page most appropriate for you by clicking one of the following red boxes at the bottom of the page: Construction Branch - Inside, Construction Branch - Outside, or All Members, Friends, and Family.
3) Complete the form, scroll down until you see fields for your contact information on the left side of the page if you are on a computer or in the center of the page if you are on a cellular phone. Please complete as many of the these fields as you can. The more fields you complete the more individualized your comment letter will be.
4) Preview or edit your comment letter by clicking the red "preview" or "edit" buttons located at the bottom of the form. If you choose to edit your comment, please remember to be respectful and limit your comments to the proposed regulation.
5) send and share, once you have reviewed your comment and made any changes you wish, please then hit submit. Your comment will be sent directly to the DOL. You will receive an emailed confirmation when the DOL processes your comment. After you have submitted your comment please share www.saveIBEWapprenticeships.org with your family and friends.
While this proposed regulation directly impacts all members of the construction branch, it indirectly impacts all members, their families, and friends. The IBEW prides itself on its electrical training ALLIANCE training programs, these programs have graduated hundreds of thousands journeymen wiremen and journeymen linemen. These individuals are our members; each day they preform their job duties safely and efficiently. They are in part responsible for ensuring out country's critical infrastructure and emergency response systems are powered, their training allows them to do so and impacts us all.
You are NOT able to sign in under the Members Login yet but we are working on that.
2019 Union Dues: $126 Quarterly
WE ARE NOW TRYING TO COMMUNICATE MORE THROUGH EMAIL. PLEASE EMAIL KATHY AT THE UNION HALL TO MAKE SURE SHE HAS YOUR CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS OR TO ADD YOU TO THE EMAIL LIST! firstname.lastname@example.org
IBEW LOCAL 388 serves 390 members located within 15 counties of Central and North Central Wisconsin. Our members are electricians and voice data video technicians, working in the industrial, commercial, and residential construction fields.
August 24, 2019 Union Picnic